CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST FROM OUR COUNSELING DEPARTMENT!
You can open the following documents by clicking once on the links below. They may open with Adobe Acrobat allowing you to fill in and save as an attachment, or you can print out the documents and scan them back into a file to attach to an email. You can also print them out and photograph the documents with a scanning app to create attachments to send in with an email message.
2022-2023 Registration Directions Columbia Middle School.pdf
The Middle School Counselor
DeKalb County School District Counselors design and manage comprehensive developmental guidance programs to help students acquire skills in the social, personal, educational, and career areas necessary for living in a multicultural society.
Your CMS Counselor:
- Works with individual students
- Works with small groups
- Conducts classroom guidance
- Consults with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, and others on a wide variety of topics of relevance to our students’ well-being
- Coordinates school wide events and activities to promote a positive school climate
- Participates in Student Support Team services
- Maintains confidentiality
- Encourages students to recognize and make the best of their own unique capabilities
- Helps children cope with emotional crisis
- Coordinates and facilitates school mentoring programs
8th Grade Counselor
7th Grade Counselor, 504 Coordinator
6th Grade Counselor, SST Chair